*Minimum purchase of 3 plants per variety per order for shipping
**Plant orders ship USPS Priority 1-3 days, on Mon, Tues and Wed of each week, regardless of shipping method selected at checkout. Please allow extra delivery time if the order is placed Wed-Sun.
The Hydrocoleys Nymphoides (Aka Water Poppy) are a deciduous aquatic perennial that is perfect for pond margins, where it will send out floating stems into the water. Plants flower in the summer in water that has reached at least 70 degrees F.
This is an exceptional aquatic plant for 6" to 12" of water. For optimal growth, the Water Poppy prefers rich soil in shallow waters of 6" or less, though most plants survive in water up to 12" deep.
- Water Poppy can be left as a floating plant, but will grow best if planted.
- It produces oval, fleshy floating leaves and handsome golden 3-petaled flowers
- The leaves float on the surface
- Flowers: The yellow flowers are held several inches above the handsome, oval leaves. and the plant flowers in the summer (June-Sept)
- An excellent choice for any size water garden
- Sun Light: Full sun to partial shade. Prefers full sun, although will tolerate some shade.
- Zones: Z7-Z11.
- Spread: 1' to 5'
- Spacing: 9" to 12"
- Height: 6" to 1'
- Planting depth: 6-12". Plant in small pots using heavy loam soil and place in the shallow end of your pond with top of pots 2-6" beneath the surface of the water. (small fabric planters are great for water poppies!)
- Bring plant indoors before first frost and overwinter indoors with strong grow lights in tubs or aquariums.
- Pacific Northwest
- customer care
I was pleasantly surprised at the size and condition of the plants. They were in great shape upon arrival. I would suggest that anyone looking for quality plants, order from play it Koi.
Recieved in a timely manner and plants in great condition.
The plants are in great shape.
They haven’t flowered yet but the pond looks so much better and a real home for the fish and turtles...we have noticed the turtles are nibbling in the leaves...any concerns? Normal? Thinking regrowth/regeneration will occur?
Original order of water dried out and got only 3 plants instead of 5. Called their Customer Service and the rectified the problem immediately!!! They sent me replacement Poppies of high quality to replace the original defective ones. THANK YOU!!! WILL BUY AGAIN FROM THIS VENDOR!!!