Get the ultimate all-in-one pond filtration setup with a bakki shower/sieve combination! With these filters, water is first pumped to the top of the unit where it undergoes the first step of filtration, mechanical filtration. In this stage the water passes through a very fine filter screen which physically strips the water column of any waste and debris down to 300 microns. Once the first stage of filtration is complete, it's time for the next level of filtration, biological filtration which is where the denitrification cycle occurs. In this stage of filtration, the water then passes through 3 levels of shower trays each which you can fill with Momotaro Bacteria House Filter Media, Seaside Aquatics Bio House Round Media, or any other ceramic biological filtration media of your choice. The water is then distributed over top of the filter media which both aerates the water at the same time it is being filtered and polished. After the dirty pond water is thoroughly scrubbed, polished, and aerated, clean water then exits at the bottom chamber the tour and pours back into your pond through either a waterfall or optionally 3 outlets.
There is a reason you see so many koi farms in Japan and commercial aquaculture suppliers using bakki showers - Put simply, it's because they work and are incredibly reliable & efficient and require very little maintenance.
- All-In-One pond filtration - mechanical & biological
- Easy to install - simply pump water to the top and let it flow back into your pond
- Requires very little maintenance
- Oxygenates the water at the same time it is filtering - Off-gassing of CO2 maintains pH
- Sieve On Top: Includes a highly-efficient and specially designed screen to strip even the smallest particles from your pond. 300 micron and to the last 5cm 200 micron
- 2 middle tiers: water drips through open slots on the floor of the sieve into the first shower container, where it then passes over the top and through the media filtering and oxygenating the water. Then, it passes through the floor onto the next tier of media where it does the same thing before passing onto the bottom tier.
- Bottom tier with the option of waterfall or outlets
- Each Shower tier is approximately 33.25" long by 16" wide by 13" tall. The sieve on top is approximately 33.25" long by 16" wide by 18" tall.
- The Total size of the unit fully stacked is only 33.25" long x 16" wide x 53" Tall due to the nesting of each section.
- Sieve size 934 x 270mm
- Min Flow 10 cubic meter per hour ( 2641 GPH )
- Max Flow 30 cubic meter per hour ( 7925 GPH )
- 2 x 2" Inlet
- 1 x 1.5" Waste Outlet ( ball valve included )
- Constructed of high-quality Polypropylene Material
- Lid included
- Overflow Protection
Each shower tray will hold comfortably hold approximately 3.7 cubic feet of media. For the most cost-effective solution for filling your bakki shower, you can use up to 7 X 1.6 cubic Ft 154 Piece Boxes of Seaside Aquatics Bio House Round Media to fill the entire system 15 boxes X Momotaro Bacteria House Filter Media fill the entire system!
- customer services
- trickle sieve
- Play it Koi
Super nice product and customer services
Cost effective trickle sieve without the headache of mechanical or moving parts. I was impressed with the communication and pricing of Play It Koi. Best price I could find with free shipping, I will be a customer again!