*Minimum purchase of 3 plants per variety per order for shipping
**Plant orders ship Mon, Tues and Wed of each week. Please allow extra delivery time if the order is placed Wed-Sun
Pickerel Rush (AKA Pickerelweed) is a tall, upright plant that makes a beautiful addition to the pond or water garden. It produces intense blue flower spikes that continue all summer long. Produces intense blue flower spikes that continue all summer long.
Pickerel rush is an aquatic or marsh perennial with 1 spike of arrowhead-shaped leaves arising from a single basal clump. Throughout late spring and summer, Pickerel Rush produces showy 6-8 inch spires of violet-blue flowers standing on stalks 2-3 ft high. The individual flowers are about 1 inch across and elaborately-beautiful, reminiscent of an orchid. Pickerel Rush often forms dense stands that paint a summertime marsh purplish-blue. This aquatic pond plant is very easy to cultivate and should be a part of any water garden.
- Color: dark to lime green, glossy leaves
- Hardy Bog Plant
- Showy Violet-Blue Spikes Add Color
- Increases Natural Filtration
- Hardiness Zone: 5-11
- Spread: rhizome based root system
- Growth: Self-propagating
- Light Requirements: Full sun to part shade
- Height: 24"-30"
- Spread: 12" to 24"
- Water Depth: Moist soil or water up to 10" deep in water(Maximum water depth is for mature bog plants)
Note: Cannot be sold into California