The ProfiDrum CombiBio is the perfect combo of mechanical and biological filtration all in one pond filtration, resulting in a "Turn key" pon filtration solution. Simply connect the inlets and outlets to your pipework and connect the power plug. The system is based on the principle of a "moving bed" using the new ProfiDrum biocarrier that is brought into movement using integrated aeration. One of the major advantages of the CombiBio unit is that everything is on the same level so whether you setup as gravity or pump input you don't have to worry about water flow to the second stage as you would with a separate RDF and Bio unit.
The system is fully equipped with built-in integrated equipment, including:
- Rotary Drum Filter (RDF) with 70 Micron Screen! wow!
- Air pump
- high-pressure pump (for the RDF cleaning)
- Control Box & Electronic Sensors for automated RDF Cleaning
- And of course, the filter is delivered with a reduced installation height and cover. Integration UVC is optional.
- All RDF parts are constructed in Stainless Steel 316 for maximum structural integrity. Absolutely the most durable solution on the market!Integrated moving bed filter
- Easily setup as gravity-fed or pump-fed (please specify at order time)
- K1 style moving bed filter media
- The CombiBio 30 includes 50L of K1 style filter media. But additional filter media can be added to extend biological filtration capacity up to a maximum of 100 liters of k1 style moving bed filter media should it be required.
- The CombiBio 50 includes 100L of K1 style filter media. But additional filter media can be added to extend biological filtration capacity up to a maximum of 225 liters of k1 style moving bed filter media should it be required.
- All models feature stainless steel waste chutes as the thick edge of using plastic would result in unacceptable levels of waste build-up on it’s much thicker edges.
- The housing of the ProfiDrum CombiBio is fully constructed in PolyPropylene (PP), that can be easily handled for modifications
- Integrated water-resistant and dry compartment for electronics, motor and airpump (for bio chamber)
- Fully electronically controlled and automated cleaning, low water protection to safeguard your equipment and (optional) alarming
- ProfiDrum Control Box
- 2 Year Manufacturer's warranty
|Model||4" Inlets||4" Outlets||Waste Outlet||Length*||Width||Case Height||Static Level**||Height w/ cover||Max. Flow GPH|
|ProfiDrum CombiBio 30||3||2||4"||61"||23.5"||36"||30"||38"||8,000|
|ProfiDrum CombiBio 50||4||3||4"||81.5"||32.5"||36"||30"||38"||13,200|
|* Case Length - Add 8" to Length measurement for Drum Motor clearance|
|** Static Level is the distance from the Operating Water Level to the Base of the Unit. Static Level is equal to the level of the pond|
ProfiDrum filtration systems can be set up either via gravity-fed (recommended) or pump-fed.
ProfiDrum Gravity-Fed Installation: For gravity fed, you need to make sure that the water level is just below the waste tray for maximum efficiency. Here is a picture of a typical gravity fed installation:
ProfiDrum Pump-Fed Installation: Alternatively, if gravity fed is not an option or not ideal for your installation, you can be successful in installing it as a pump-fed installation. Here is a diagram of a typical pump-fed installation:
Play It Koi Pro Tip -- Much media do you need? According to the media manufacturer, the k1 sytle media in a standard CBB 50 can process 2.0 - 2.4 pounds of food a day depending upon variables applied to the overall system/temp/food protein level. So if you max out media capacity (or a little over double the included media) you can feed 4+ pounds per day of increase biocapacity for hot weather. Just know, if you do max out the media to 225L on a CBB 50, it is also highly recommended that you update your air pump to a MEDO 80.
Additional upgrade options:
Besides extra k1 Media and the potential need for an upgraded air pump, discussed above, some other add on options are available at the time of configuration at purchase.
- Domestic Water Kit: Commercial RDFs generally do not use system water for cleaning the screen, they use domestic water. Profi offers a kit so the end-user can also use domestic water to clean the screen which greatly reduces screen maintenance. Note: If Domestic Water Kit is used and the Supply Water Pressure is above 55 – 60 psi at the RDF the jet pump can be eliminated and some additional credit can be issued back.
- Auxiliary Pump Relay: This relay needs to be used if the system circulation pump(s) are larger than 5 amps and a jet pump is being used to clean the drum. The control box should be supplied with an additional circuit to run the system pump(s). The control box powers the relay which controls the system pump(s) in a low/high water shut down event. Please specify whether a 110V relay is needed or a 220v relay is needed.
- Air Aqua FlowFriend Variable Speed DC Pumps & FlowFriend Transition Unions - These pumps are recommended by the manufacturer for great compatibility with the ProfiDrum series products.
Note: this special order item is large, comes pre-configured to your specs, and arrives via Freight. Due to irregular shipping rates and sizes, it does not qualify for free shipping. We will work with you to find the best shipping rates available. Please allow extra time for Freight delivery (4-7 days on average).
Looking to hookup an RDF to a separate biological filtration, checkout ProfiDrum Rotary Drum Filters (RDFs)?