The AlphaONE X2 filters from Grand Champion Technologies (GCTek) is perfect for larger pond applications where large flow rates are needed. Rather than using an oversized pump, the X2 filters allow you to use two smaller pumps to achieve the necessary flow rates for your pond.
AlphaBioONE Filter Media
The real secret behind the AlphaONE filters is the AlphaBioONE filter media. While filter beads trap solids in the first few inches of the bead pack (causing clogging, flow disruption, and rising pressure), AlphaBioONE media is uniquely designed to trap debris evenly across the entire filter. This effective change causes greater flow and less backpressure. This all leads to lower maintenance and higher effectiveness. This proprietary filter media was specifically developed to have fewer areas that collect anaerobic bacteria, leading to greater beneficial bacteria activity.
Life Support System
The AlphaONE Life Support System (ALISS) is designed to keep bacteria alive if you ever have to do a medical bypass, or if your pump fails. A one-way valve on the front of the multiport valve allows air in without letting water seep out! Simply hook up an air pump to the barbed fitting, and air will flow into the filter, keeping the bacteria alive.
- High surface area and flow rate for efficient filtration -- you don't need a very large pump!
- Large 2" spring check valve allows for high flow, and dual unions make replacing simple
- Side-mounted valves and a top opening means you don't need to unhook the plumbing!
- 10" clear lid on tank and sight glass on multiport valve makes filter inspection easy
- Double-layered fiberglass body is immensely more durable than plastic
- Pressure gauge tells you what is going on inside tank
- Easy drain allows water to exit, but not filter media!
- Limited Lifetime Warranty on tank