*MINIMUM OF Quantity 3 (3 cups) OF THIS VARIETY PER ORDER FOR SHIPPING*
Hornwort (Ceratophyllum demersum), also known as Coontail, is a fast-growing, aquatic Oxygenating plant. IHornwort grows as a submerged, non-rooting plant. It's an amazing plant for ponds as it helps not only add oxygen to the water but also emits a hormone to help eliminate algae and clarify the water.
Grows like anacharis, but leaves are longer and thinner, packed tightly in whorls that form plumes at growing ends.
- Care level: very easy. It can adapt to almost any water type, and can tolerate a wide extreme of temperatures.
- Grows well in Full Sun to Full shade
- Very easy to grow
- Can be tucked into the substrate on the bottom of the pond
- Great for spawning or as cover/protection for small fish and fry
- One of the best plants to oxygenate ponds
- Easily one of the most popular pond and aquarium plants
Because of its fast-growing nature, many people use this plant to soak up nitrates in breeding tanks, or provide safe hiding places for fry in community fish tanks. When hornwort is allowed to float at the top of a fish tank, it provides a perfect refuge for tiny fry from hungry adult fish.
Price is per cup, unbanded. Minimum order quantity = 3.
Shipping Expectations: We've found the best success in shipping these when we send them earlier in the week to avoid lengthier shipping times caused by carriers weekend breaks. Orders placed Wed-Friday are likely to be shipped the following Monday.