New for 2021! Evolution Aqua's newest line of Evolution Aqua award-winning filtration now comes with K+ Media!
This protected surface area safely houses friendly filter bacteria and prevents them from being flushed to waste during the cleaning cycle. Only dead bacteria, waste debris will be discharged. This results in no Ammonia and Nitrite spikes after maintenance.
The K+ MicroBead filter has been designed to allow an unrestricted flow of water through the unit meaning a lower wattage pump can be used saving you money. That said, in our own testing, we found the following flow rates to offer the best performance in terms of clear water.
Play It Koi recommended pump size for Evolution Aqua MicroBead Filters:
- K+ Pressure Filter 2400 - 15"D- 1500 gph-2400 gph
- K+ Pressure Filter 3600 -18"D- 2400 gph-3600 gph
- K+ Pressure Filter 4800 - 20"D - 3600 gph-4800 gph
- K+ Pressure Filter 9600 - 24"D - 4800 gph-6000 gph
- K+ Pressure Filter 14500 - 30"D - 5000 gph-6500 gph
- K+ Pressure Filter 2400 - 36"D - 5500 gph-7000 gph
The k+ media will work with a wide range of flow rates. Using the lower end to middle of the flow rates below are suggested vs the higher end of the flow rates. The reason for this is because the media works using settlement rather than trapping for mechanical filtration. This is better because it eliminates channeling and is better for biological filtration.
- Uses K+ filter media for dramatically improved biological filtration compared to using beads
- Multi-port valve and blower included with all models
- Blower used during cleaning cycle
- Large clear viewing lid on top of the filter
- Improved flow through K+ filter media
- 6 sizes of filter systems available, 15", 18", 20", 24", 30" and 36"
All in all, the K+ Pressure Filters offer unsurpassed mechanical filtration, tremendous biological performance, all in one which saves you money and can be installed on any type of installation.
Evolution Aqua have re-designed the K+ Pressure filters for 2021 to offer new and improved performance.
These game-changing filtration systems completely re-invent the way we think about bead filters. Rather than using conventional beads as their principle filter media, these filters use K+ Filter Media
K+ Micro offers a whole range of benefits over beads including:
- Faster filter maturation
- Minerals added to media
- Best-In-Class-leading surface area
- Stable bio-film production
- Improved biological filtration
- Better mechanical filtration
- Improved flow
- Reduced back pressure on pumps
K+ Bead Filter Sizes: 6 sizes of filter systems available, 15", 18", 20", 24", 30" and 36"
|Model||Max. pond size||Diameter||Volume of K+ Media||Multi-port Valve size||Air Blower size|
|#K+MBF2400||2,400 US Gallons||15"||25 litres / 0.88 cu. ft.||1½”||200W|
|#K+MBF3600||3,600 US Gallons||18"||30 litres / 1.06 cu. ft.||1½”||200W|
|#K+MBF4800||4,800 US Gallons||20”||50 litres / 1.77 cu. ft.||1½”||200W|
|#K+MBF9600||9,600 US Gallons||24"||100 litres / 3.53 cu. ft.||2”||300W|
|#K+MBF14000||14,500 US Gallons||30"||150 litres / 5.28 cu. ft.||2”||300W|
|#K+MBF24000||24,000 US Gallons||36"||250 litres / 8.83 cu. ft.||2”||300W|
View K1 MicroBead filter Instruction Manual (PDF)
- debris basket
- media cleaning
I'm so looking forward to having a system to clean just once a week compared to my Savio filter setup which is daily debris basket and filter media cleaning (twice in the summer). I'll let everyone know how the setup goes and most importantly HOW IT WORKS!!!!!