Matala Expandable gravity filter maximizes Matala filter media performance. The rugged BioSteps-II contains an amazing 200 sq ft of surface area for beneficial bacteria growth.
Combined with a cross-flow design that traps and processes more debris at high flow rates, you get unparalleled mechanical and biological filtration for superior water quality.
Features of Biosteps Filter:
- Supplied with sufficient volume of Matala filter media with progressive densities (2 green, 2 blue, 4 gray)
- Filter design enhances growth of different ecological communities of bacteria and planktonic organisms that will colonize different sections of the filter.
- Cross-Flow Pattern: Traps more dirt at high flow rates without plugging.
- Built-In overflow safety.
- Sloped bottom with extra sink at outlet for easy draining of waste.
- Modular design allows for future expansion.
- Rugged construction
Want to add a BioSteps-II Waterfall spillway?
- filtration system
- gold fish pond
- filter pad
The system looks like it's designed well but I just started using it and am not able to rate it properly. There were no instructions for the waterfall provided and the connection is leaking.
The filtering system Was easy to setup and start running. Cleaning the filter pad was easy. Most of all, my turtle pond (300 gallons) had clear water within 8 days. The water was green and had not been cleaned for two seasons. Since then, my turtles have clean filtered water to live in. I ordered a second filtration system for my gold fish pond.
Easy to install
Appreciate the very fast shipment
These filters have kept the pond water clear for over a week now. We are very happy with the purchase and customer service. The valves could be improved.