Matala EZClear UV-C Clarifiers are designed for Koi ponds and water gardens to help suppress blooms of suspended green algae, harmful bacteria, parasites, fungi, protozoan and viruses.
Even in a balanced pond ecosystem, sudden blooms of such organisms can occur due to abnormal changes of weather, fish feeding behavior, mineral nutrient levels, etc. These blooms may result in green water, lethal oxygen levels or weakened health conditions for fish and aquatic plants.
The Matala EZClear UV Clarifiers can be used as a stand-alone UV added to an existing filter system. The 16 watt drops into the BioSteps filter easily. The 25, 40 and 75 watt UVC do not fit the Biosteps filter. These are a stand-alone unit which can be installed on your pond system with the proper size pump. The 25w, 40w and 75w are supplied with a clear adapter which allows you to connect directly to rigid 1.5" Sch 40 PVC pipe. All size units come with universal barb connectors allowing you to connect to 3/4", 1", 1.25" or 1.5" size flexible kink free or vinyl tubing .
- Suitable for ponds between 1,600 to 10,000 gallons depending on fish load, filtration, aquatic plants and sunshine.
- Flow rates 1600 to 5000 gallons per hour depending on unit watt size. (Aim for a minimum of one pond turnover per hour through the filter and UVC for best results.)
- Uses Philips T5 UV germicidal lamps.
- High-grade Quartz Sleeve allows transmission of over 95% of the UV light.
- EZ quartz sleeve replacement "Locking Ring".
- Easy installation with stepped hose tails supporting 3/4", 1", 1¼ " and 1-1/2" tubing.
- Clear adapter for 25w, 40w and 75w connects to 1.5" rigid Sch 40 PVC pipe!
- Clear end cap for lamp on verification.
- Translucent hose tails provide blue light monitoring
- Entire device is UV resistant
- Includes 15' power cord with in-line ballast.
View Matala EZClear UV Instruction Manual here (PDF)
- power chords
- UV units
- pond water quality
- UV clarifier
- Play it Koi
We have historically used a UV clarifier to help with our pond water quality. Over the winter, a rodent enjoyed chewing on the power chords to our pump and UV units. Most expensive critter ever. Was happy to find a new unit from Play It Koi that integrated quickly and easily into our current set up. Delivery was quick and we’re back up and running. Thank you!