The Silver Bullet for controlling green water algae blooms. Quick and simple to install featuring a long service life that requires little maintenance. Matala Stainless Steel High Output UV Clarifier.
- High-Quality lamp and quartz sleeve maintain a high output of 254nm
- Uses 40W and 75W high output Phillips UV lamps
- 75-watt unit is a single lamp, 150-watt unit uses two lamps, 300-watt unit uses four lamps
- Quick and simple installation
- High flow rates possible due to high output lamps, and a single big bore body diameter
- Does not restrict water flow of your pump
- Long service life and requires very little maintenance
- Visual LED display indicates when the unit needs service
- Polished stainless steel reactor chamber gives 30% increased UV reflection
- Includes 17' power cord with an inline transformer
- 2" inlet/outlet male threads
- UV Clarifiers body and transformer carry a Limited Warranty of 1 year. The UV lamp and quartz sleeve carry no warranty.
These flow rates are suggested for clarification of green water blooms only. Slower flow rates will increase the kill rate of water borne bacteria. Try to max out the recommended flow rate of the unit to get the best results for clarification.
Note: These are not intended for use in saltwater aquariums.
Download the Matala Stainless Steel UV Leaflet for more info (PDF)
Download Matala Stainless Steel UV Installation Manual here (PDF)
Need replacement bulbs? Find them here.
Play It Koi Pro Installation Tip: Be sure to mount the stainless steel UV Unit and ballast off of the ground and avoid damp or wet locations. Preferably underneath some sheltered area when possible. Additionally, the stainless steel tube should be mounted horizontally, not vertically as the brackets are only designed to withhold the weight when mounted vertically. Plan on replacing the bulbs once per year. When sizing, pay particular attention to the maximum gallons per hour per unit and do not exceed this. Additional units can be added in parallel by splitting the line. We do not recommend adding UV units in Serial as there will not be as much added much value.
Works just like I had hoped
We bought 3 of the Matala 300W Stainless Steel UV units for a large commercial job we were working on in Bothell, Wa. We needed these units quick and Play It Koi was able to deliver in record time! Great partnership! Thanks and we'll be back!