- Confines floating water plants to a specific area
- Protects floating plants from pond fish and koi.
- Prevents floating plants from being pulled into a skimmer
- Keeps pond cleaner by trapping plant leaves in the basket
- Reduces algae
- Reduces cleanup time
- Easily storable
- After the plants grow in, the floating flora island is hardly (if at all) visible
- Has a little green handle on the unit which you can tie to the side of your pond or anchor at a specific point.
3 Sizes Available! Add all 3 for a really cool effect like the Play It Koi show pond (featured in many of these photos)
- 1.5 foot diameter (MPN RFI-1)
- 2 foot diameter (MPN RFI-2)
- 3 foot diameter (MPN RFI-3)
Just for fun...
Our customer Cherie invented a fun and unique way to raise baby koi fry using the Nycon Floating Flora island & Fish barrier. She has been raising them for a couple months now in here and says "It works great for this purpose!"
Thanks Cherie for sharing a fun idea and a little inspiration!
- water hyacinths
Love it because it keeps the plants contained in one place and the fish seem to love going under it for shade. Would buy another one if my pond were bigger.
This is a must when adding floating plants to a small fishpond. It keeps the plants contained where you want them, prevents plants from clumping together and blocking outflow, provides shade where it is needed, and protects the plants from fish nibbling and, in my case, from a cat who likes to fish the plants out of the pond and bring them into the kitchen.
They had exactly what I was looking for. I'll definitely return since I've had time to visit their site and have seen the great variety of items they have for my outdoor pond. Fast shipping too!
Plant do better when the fish can’t disturb the roots
These nets keep the plants together, they protect the plants from the fish and when a group of them are anchored together they provide the fish with protection from the sun and from flying (and other) predators. They are hard to find but a huge plus for your pond.