When you won't settle for anything than the best, and you want to have the cleanest water imaginable, then you'll want to add a PoliGlassBead XStream Polishing filter to your setup.
Note: at Play It Koi, we run this filter in combination with the Medusa on our show pond and love it!
This filter is designed for those pond keepers that believe that nothing is better than looking into the pond and being able to tell whether a coin is heads or tails at 6' of depth.
What's separates this filter from any other polishing filter on the market is that it uses 2 types of media. It has a thick layer of PoliGlassBeads that are real Glass Beads and a layer of our Black AlphaBio2 Media. Water passes down thru the layer of AlphaBio2 media where larger particles are separated and held in place while the finer particles make their way to the thick layer of PoliGlassBeads where the finer particles are removed. Why is this a big deal? You get to go longer before the filter needs backwashing. PoliGlassBeads don't clog and stick together the way the crushed glass does in some filters. There is a big difference in Glass beads and crushed glass in the way solids are separated and then released during backwash.
Available in 4 sizes for every size pond and lifestyle of the pond owner
- 2 HP Media Agitator on each PoliGlassBead XStream
- Xtra Large sight glass included
- 58 PSI rated tank while most others brag about a 50 PSI rating
- Comes with a CLEAR Water Guarantee- If water isn't clear when used as directed GC Tek will buy it back
- 2" unionized ports on each opening
- 8" Clear lid for easy viewing inside filter
- Nothing gets past this filter, we guarantee it!
Note: The PoliGlassBead XStream polishing filter is not intended for use as a stand-alone filter and must be used with one of the other GC Tek filters or any other filter